Saturday, August 25, 2007

Soddy


The best thing about South Dakota was the sod house. We did the Corn Palace, but it does not warrant a posting (sorry June). The sod house was cool, no really. It was so much cooler inside than outside. There was also a sod chicken coup, a sod cellar, and a sod barn. The news papers that they used to plaster the walls were dated 1911.
It was fun. The people who run it have to charge to see it cuz there is not another thing for them to do in South Dakota but see the soddy. I felt like I should have given them some food too. They don't even have neighbors for like 75 miles. I could have even given them my water bottle. Water was scarce too. I felt the same way in Mexico where people lined the streets begging. I wanted to empty my purse in their lap, but all the contents wouldn't have even bought them lunch.

No comments: